At Lewis Creek Company, we are all about people: our employees, our clients, and our community. As a member of the Lewis Creek team, you will have the opportunity to learn and take on new challenges in a supportive and respectful environment. We value communication, transparency, and partnership at every level. We work hard to provide the highest level of service to our clients and have fun doing it. We welcome humans of all backgrounds and identities. Check out our job openings below!
PROJECT DEVELOPER Residential Construction and Remodeling
Lewis Creek Company, Inc. is a residential builder and remodeler servicing the Greater Burlington Area since 2009. This is a full-time position based out of our Essex Junction, VT office. The Project Developer’s duties are largely performed from the office but include on site evaluations, meetings, etc.
- Drafting detailed project work scope documentation.
- Estimating new build and remodeling projects from construction drawings.
- Maintain a database of estimating information and apply various internal metrics related to project estimating, such as: average price per square foot of similar projects; recent costs of fixtures; lessons learned from recent projects.
- Analyzing the performance of ongoing and completed projects/estimates to improve project planning and estimating.
- Working with the in-house Architectural Design Team to develop build-ready project plans, including design specifications, subcontractor quotations, etc.
- Evaluating existing site conditions and systems, bringing in other experts and trades as necessary (structural, mechanical systems, electrical, etc.) for the purpose of project planning and estimating.
- Using knowledge of structures and building systems to explore and pre-solve potential project challenges best evaluated before construction start.
- Helping to facilitate smooth hand-off of a project from the design and project development phase to the construction phase.
- Communicate, organize and maintain all project development related information such as quotes, contracts, orders, etc.
- Participate in and take an active role in company’s collaborative environment and management structure.
- Other duties as needed and assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Strong knowledge of residential building and remodeling. Strong understanding of building components and how projects come together.
- Strong working knowledge of spreadsheet tools (Google Sheets/Excel), especially comfortable with formulas and dependencies.
- Polished and professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work and communicate with a diverse group of people with different skills and backgrounds.
- Ability to take ownership of tasks and see them through to completion.
- 10+ years of experience in the building industry. design, estimating, project management, project lead, AND/OR construction management experience preferred.
- This is a senior level position with a peer to peer relationship with Designers and Lead Carpenters.
Lewis Creek Company offers competitive pay and benefits, including but not limited to health insurance, HRA, disability and life insurance. Wage compensation commensurate with experience and value the candidate will bring to our team.
Lewis Creek Company is looking to grow our team! We’re currently searching for a Journey-Level Carpenter with 8+ years experience in frame-to-finish residential building/remodeling.
Lewis Creek Company is a full-service design-build team. We are architectural designers and craftspeople well-versed in the most practical and energy-efficient products and methods that provide the best quality and value to our Vermont neighbors.
Role Qualities and Qualifications:
- 8+ years carpentry experience, residential remodeling preferred.
- Mastery of framing and interior and exterior finish work.
- Demonstrated willingness be an active participant in your own growth and the growth of a team.
- Highly organized and able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Passion for our craft and a consistently positive attitude.
- Strong communication skills and sense of accountability
- Interest and/or background in energy efficiency and home performance is a plus!
We offer a positive and supportive work environment with opportunities for professional growth. At Lewis Creek Company, people are at the heart of everything we do. We are dedicated to providing the very best service to our customers and our team. We offer a competitive compensation/ benefits package which includes health insurance, short/long term disability and life insurance, and retirement contribution matching.
The position is based in the greater Burlington, Vermont area.
Please respond to this posting with your resume and a note about why you are interested in a position at Lewis Creek. No cold calls, please. Applicants that do not provide a resume will not be considered.